21 Jul, 2009
How to change the Registered Name and Company in the System Properties dialog Box?
Posted In: windows
This Tips briefly demonstrate you how to change your Registered Name and Company name in the System Properties dialogue box after installing your windows XP. We can accomplish this tweak by editing our Registry editor, but editing registry is not a good practice always, because registry editing may damage your system in some times, so whenever you do, just have a registry backup. Its worth a million.
Now follow the Procedure Given Below
You should be very very Careful in editing the Registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
- Look for the value in the right pane of the window RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner
- Double click on the Registered Organization and change the Company Name in the ‘value’ field.
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- To change the owner name, double-click on the Registered Owner and Change the name in the ‘value’ field. Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
- Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer to see the changes.